Saturday, March 18, 2006

Feedback

Scout sent me an e-mail this morning, and the text follows:

I'm going to be on WORT radio tonight to discuss the trip.It is live streamed on the internet so people can listen. I have to work today but perhaps you'd let people know. so they can hear how their money was spent ya know. lb0313 will also be on with me via phone....cool hey? Have you gotten any feedback that I don't know of? In your opinion do you think people were satisfied with the results? Did you hear any negative feedback? If I get the chance I'm going to broach the left over money on air and the possibility of using it for a return trip at the 1 year anniversary. Here's the link to listen tonight.....http://lists.wort-fm.org/testsite/stream.shtml

Please take some time to offer your feedback about Scout's blogging from New Orleans. You can do it in the comments section here.

We also had over $ 200 left over from the trip, which she would like to put into a fund toward revisiting New Orleans at the end of August to do follow-up reporting. Please let us know what you think about that idea.

Thank you very much.

4 Comments:

Blogger HoneyBearKelly said...

I'll be listening.

I'm very interested in the school situation there.
For some reason I just can't get it out of my mind. You can't expect families to come back if there are no schools.

11:38 AM  
Blogger virgotex (aka lavalamp) said...

I'll be either listening or capturing it.

I think going back on the one year anniversary is an excellent use of the funds and would be willing to pitch in for a second trip.

The wild card in the picture, however, is the next hurricane season, which is rapidly approaching. All the Gulf states are in potential jeopardy, including those who didn't get hit last time but spent funds, still unreimbursed by the feds, to help out those that got slammed.

So, in short, this story has never stopped, and never will. Someone needs to cover it.

4:32 PM  
Blogger lb0313 said...

You can't expect families to come back if there are no schools.


No, you can't. The catch being that there were no public schools here before. Like most issues, it is untidy and complicated.

Most people I know with the means are coming back - those without are not. Here is an interesting link to a well produced video talking about who will come back (amoung other things)

I don't say this to be flip - but we need to remember that people don't merely need to come back to what was here before (esp with respect to schools) The school system was terribly broken. And it is hard to have the time, money, resources or mind to fix that now - even though this is the absolutely best opportunity. The more I think about it, the more that I think that is the heart of one if the issues going on here. Like anyone in grief, we want what we had before returned to us - more than anything. And at the same time, we want what we had before fixed.

And, speaking from experience, grieving people ain't real good at fixing anything....

http://us.video.aol.com/video.index.adp?mode=2&pmmsid=1472048

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I regret I did not suport this effort by Scout the first time, but most certainly will if she decides to do a one-yr anniversary trip. Count on it. Special blessings to you, ScoutPrime, to Vicki, and to lb0313 for all you did to help make this wondrous thing happen.
Sarah Deere

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home